Projects and Activities:
Upgrading the organizational website www.ossim-shalom.org.il, adding information in English.
18.5.2011, The 2011 Annual Conference was held in "El- Quasami " college in Baca-el Garbia, and dealt with the issue of Jewish and Arab co-existence and cooperation.
The 2010 annual conference dealt with the issue "Social Workers (Jews and Arabs) active together in time of conflict", took place on 29.4.2010 at Haifa University in cooperation with its Social Work' School. The program included lectures and peer-learning on Arab-Jewish co-operations in various organizations. In addition a presentation was held of Ossim Shalom's project working with multi-national staff of the "Alliance School for deaf and impaired hearing children" in Jerusalem.
Professional collaboration between The Hebrew University and Al-Quads University Schools of Social Work: the collaboration that was initiated by Ossim Shalom is implemented since 2003. It includes an academic year long meetings of social work students from the Hebrew Uni. and Al Quads Uni. In their meetings they deal with issues as tolerance, coexistence, human rights in the general context and in the social work profession. The project is supported by the Jerusalem Foundation. Today Ossim Shalom's representatives are active members in the collaboration's steering committee.
Games Centre In Jaffa :( the center is active since 2008) game-playing activities in the center with family members, children and parents, is aiming to develop family game-playing activity in their homes, to improve in family dialogue and reduce family violence. The project includes groups of Jewish and Arab families in afternoon weekly activity was ended in June 2010 with an option to renew its activity according to needs. The center's activities were initiated and operated by Ossim Shalom professionals.
Continuation of the Cinematheque activity: Ossim Shalom is holding since 1994 regular monthly activities in the Jerusalem Cinematheque consist of film screening and a related lecture which deal with various social issues. 2010th subject was "The Individual, The Nation and the World in the Conflict Circle". 2011th subject was "Shall the Sword Devour Forever?" These activities are open to the public as well as to Ossim Shalom members. Similar activities were held in other cities as well.
Alliance school for deaf and impaired hearing children: Ossim Shalom and the Alliance Special Education School for Jewish, Palestinians (from East Jerusalem) and Arab Deaf Children in Jerusalem developed a joint project to deal with highly diverse Jewish ,Arab and Palestinians school's staff that tends to relate every school conflict to the Israeli – Palestinian conflict. This situation has negative effects on the school's daily activities. The annual project's activity with representatives of the school staff was co-facilitated by Ossim Shalom conflict group facilitators, a Jew and an Arab, came to conclusion with very positive results. The group's recommendations were already implemented into the school's programs. The project was supported by the "Jerusalem Foundation". We are looking for additional funding for the continuation of this activity.
Pilot project: Jews and Arabs Building their Community, with the cooperation and funding of The International Center for Conciliation (ICfC), in Boston and The Gimprige Family Foundation started on March 2010. 26 as Ossim Shalom facilitators were trained in this model by ICfC. The pilot project aimed to adapt and adjust and the Historical conciliation model of the ICfC while implementing it in 4 groups from 3 mixed Jewish Arab communities – Haifa (2 groups) Jaffa (Women activist) and Beer Sheba (Hagar organization activists). The conclusions and suggestions, based on the evaluation, can serve as the start line to full implementation of this Model in Israel. The groups' activity was co-facilitated by Ossim Shalom facilitators, trained in this model. Ossim Shalom is the Israel representative of ICfC, which is active in other location globally.
Organization learning: workshop on "Organization's Sense of Relevance and Identity": 2 weekend workshops were facilitated and funded by KUMI organization in Israel that has developed the model. Ossim shalom is planning its own continuation of the activity.
Activities on behalf of the release of Gilad Shalit:
· 24.6.2010. Ossim Shalom issued a statement
· 21.9.2010 Ossim Shalom issued a statement
· 8.7 2010 participation in the march to Jerusalem. Palestinian Transportation Company from East Jerusalem volunteered and offered its services to bring the participants to the meeting point.
· 8.7.2010 Ossim Shalom's members identified with the Shalit family in a watch next to the prime minister residence.
Activities on the behalf of Abu-Idd family from Lod: Abu-Idd family home was demolished by State order. As of 13.12.2010 Ossim Shalom's activists started intensive weekend volunteer activity to help the family that include: support and post trauma activity for the family members, including the children of various ages; personal and group support activity; recreation activity and English class for children; on going support in lobby activity.
28.12.2010 Ossim Shalom issued a statement.
Educational tours and meeting:
· 17.12.2010 Educational excursion for Ossim Shalom's members to conflict locations and areas in Jerusalem, lead and funded by "Ir Amim Organization" . (עיר עמים)
· 5.11.2010 Educational excursion for Ossim Shalom's members to the Sharon – Somron (Samaria) green border area, by "Geneva agreement", Funded by the participants.
· 18.1.2011 educational excursion for Ossim Shalom's members to Hebron, funded and leaded by "Bezelem".
· 8.4.2011 educational "alternative archeological" excretion in Siluan – David City, funded by the participants.
Ossim Shalom's official statements and press releases:
· 9.6.2010 on the social workers low salaries.
· 1.8.2010 against the demolishing of Bedouins houses in the Negev.
· 1.8.2010 against the violence towards social workers.
· 22.8.2010 on the governmental decision, regarding the deportation of foreign workers' children.
· 12.10 2010 on the issue of the international poverty day.
· 5.12.2010 support letter to our colleges in the municipal social services in the North, regarding the fire in the Carmel.
· 3.3.2011 supporting the social workers struggle.
· 13.3.2011 on the terrorist act in Itamar.
Ossim Shalom participation in conferences and forums:
Ossim shalom members are actively participating in various pro-peace forums, conferences and activities:
· In all the activities of The Peace Forum of Israeli –Palestinian Organization.
· In conferences of peace oriented organizations.
· The 17th National Conference of Social Workers. This year 's conference dealt with way to improve the relations between Jews and Arabs in Israel. Ossim Shalom members presented some of their activities in the conference.
Annual general meetings of the members that include organizational election of the chair persons: an Arab and a Jew, of members of the board (volunteers), presenting and voting on the annual budget, presenting the organization activity report, Q&A, and other organizational charter related activities:
· Board members bi-monthly meetings, and on their going activities.
· On going activity of the 2 chair persons and the CEO.
· Ad- hoc committee activity.
· Volunteers activities.